Medication error attorneys can provide recourse for patients who have suffered or experienced injury as a result of a medication error.
Should You Find a Medication Error Attorney?
According to the CDC, 82 percent of American adults take at least one medication and more than 25 percent take five or more. Medication errors can occur which can result in patient suffering and even death.
Some types of medication errors can include:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Administering the wrong dosage of a medication
- Administering the wrong medication
Medical errors resulting from a doctor's or pharmacist's negligence or carelessness should be taken seriously. Litigation works to provide victims of medication errors recourse for their suffering while preventing more mistakes from happening in the future.
Do I have a Virginia, Maryland, or DC Medical Malpractice Claim?
For those who have been injured as a result of a medication error, it is important to act quickly because the statute of limitations is limited. It is crucial to schedule a free consultation to speak with the attorneys at Perry Charnoff PLLC as soon as possible so we can review the details of your situation and help you determine your best course of action.
Our attorneys have a long history of successes with medical malpractice claims including:
- $4.2 million awarded to a woman who suffered permanent brain injuries when cotton was left in her skull during surgery
- $3.65 million awarded to a man who was given improper medication resulting in severe brain injury
- $2.5 million awarded to a young woman whose stroke was misdiagnosed as a migraine
- $2 million awarded to a woman whose leg was amputated after a failure to recognize a blood clot
- $1.55 million awarded to a lifelong federal worker whose ureter was sutured closed during her hysterectomy
- $1.3 million awarded to a breast cancer survivor whose surgeon operated on the wrong breast
Perry Charnoff Can Help - Contact Us Now
Medical malpractice is a highly complex field of law. It requires not only a thorough understanding of medicine and science, but also knowledge of the many state laws and rules that apply to this type of case. Pursuing Virginia, Maryland, or DC medical malpractice claims requires knowledge and skill on the part of your attorney as well as access to a network of medical experts who can comprehensively discuss best practices in medicine, details about a specific treatment, the nuances of a patient’s condition, and more.
Our Virginia, Maryland, and DC medical malpractice attorneys have a long history of success in this multifaceted field of the law. We have the skills, knowledge, and resources available to help you pursue the justice and compensation you deserve. Furthermore, our experience handling these difficult cases has equipped us to litigate a wide range of personal injury claims. So if you or someone you know has been injured or lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s carelessness, contact the attorneys at Perry Charnoff today.
Allan, M., & Pierce, O. (2016, May 3). Medical errors are no. 3 cause of U.S. deaths, researchers say. NPR. Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors